Thursday, February 03, 2005

8 Things that have been rolling around in my head:

*I love being the connection between the system and the system user;
translating problems and needs from business terms to technical terms. I
start hating my job when my ability to make this translation is stymied
because I'm not focused enough to master the technology or to provide an
elegant solution.

*Anything and everything can be made pretty by grouping, camouflaging with the right mix of color, lighting, packaging, arranging...in short by focusing a particular sort of attention to everything in your environment.

*Even if one's salary is cut, one can still live a very pretty life. More
money does not always translate to more pretty.

*Anger is only useful if it's energy is translated into constructive
action.

*Happiness is overrated. Find meaning in what you do and contentment (or something like it) will follow.

*If you don't believe in your own backstory, no one else will either.

*42 is way better than 22, or 32, but surprisingly only incrementally
better than 12.

* "Big words aren't impressive; a clear, direct style is."
-Bill Blinn




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home